PC Battle Royale
- Follow the sign up link above to register for the event. Your sign up name must exactly match the Steam nickname you will be playing as. No exceptions!
- You are not obligated to sign up for a Challonge! account or use a Facebook account to register. Players can click on “sign up for this tournament without a Challonge account” and enter your Steam user name to register without using/creating a separate account.
- There is a 32 player limit on this event. If event is full, additional registrations will be wait listed in the order of registration.
- Only one registration per participant please.
- If you are registered but cannot make the event, please notify the administrator via Steam message so that slots can be given to wait list players.
- This event is expected to last 3 hours, please make sure you have allocated the time to complete the event before joining.
- Check-in will open 45 minutes prior to the event. Administrator(s) will be available in chat for the XCom: Enemy Unknown Steam User Group . Please join this group (open to the public) prior to the event.
- To check-in, send a private message to the administrator (Propbuddha) and let them know that you are online and ready to play.
- Players that fail to check-in within 15 minutes of event start may be dropped in favor of wait list players that are online and ready to check in.
- All communication between the event administrator and the players will take place in the XCom: Enemy Unknown Steam User Group chat room.
- Event will begin promptly at the start time.
- Event will consist of 5 rounds of Swiss play, no players will be eliminated from the event.
- Pairings will appear on this page once the tournament has started.
- Seeding for this event will be random and will be re-shuffled before the event starts
- In case of an odd number of participants, a bye is awarded to the lowest ranked player who has not yet received one.
- Rounds will begin as soon as possible after all matches from previous round are completed. Please be online and ready to start the next round after you match completes.
- Whenever possible players will be paired with opponents having similar event scores and you should expect to face a specific opponent only once per event.
- Each round will be played on a specific map:
- Round 1 – Bar
- Round 2 – Boulevard
- Round 3 – Police Station
- Round 4 – Trainyard
- Round 5 - Grand Cemetery
- The player in the top position will host the match. Set up a private match and invite your opponent.
- In case of connection issues, switch hosts. If players cannot connect, match will be deemed a draw.
- As host or guest, make sure the match parameters are set up properly before starting the match. Game parameters for this event are:
- Map designated for round (see above)
- 10,000 point maximum
- 90 second turn timer
- Players should quickly set up their squad and ready up for the game. Players spending a long time readying for a match may be subject to forfeit.
- Players have 30 minutes to complete each match, including time for squad selection. If match is not completed within 5 minutes of the allotted time, players should end the game and mutually agree upon a winner based on situation on the last turn. If players can not agree upon a winner, match will be deemed a draw.
- In case of disconnect during a game, players should mutually agree upon a winner. A game may be restarted by mutual agreement if the disconnect occurs with the first 10 minutes of the round. Restarted matches must still be completed within the allotted 30 minutes.
- After each match, report the result to the event administrator in the event chat room or via private message. Both winner and loser should report the event. It is a good idea to take a screenshot of the game result screen (F12 by default on Steam).
- Report any misconduct to the event administrator.
- Players are obligated to remain online and in the group chat throughout the event. Players that go away from keyboard or are not responsive for an extended period may be dropped from the event.
- Players who have multiple matches with connection issues will be asked to drop from the event.
- Poor sportsmanship, immature behavior and/or cheating will not be tolerated. Players who are found engaging in disruptive behavior will be dropped from the event.
- If you need to drop from the event, please complete or surrender your match and inform the event administrator.
- All decisions by the event administrator are final and are intended for a smooth, fun and fair event for all.
Good luck and have fun!